HP Officejet 4650 All-in-one Printer
123 HP Officejet 4650 - 123.hp.com/oj4650
With the development in technology, every house/office has a computer with a printer. 123.hp.com/oj4650 printers are used to print text documents, images or even bigger files and ‘n’ number of pages. There are many models available depending on the technology they use.
The latest model now in the market is the 3-D printing. These printers play an important role in day-to-day life. The very basic model in the market has black and white printing and color printing, and mostly uses DeskJet technology and they also use duplex printing.
123 HP Officejet 4650 Setup
123 HP Officejet 4650 printer is set for duplex printing by default with maximum color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. This printer uses 4ink printing (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black). HP provides a maximum printing speed of 16ppm for color and 20ppm for B/W prints.
123 HP Officejet 4650 printer can copy 40 pages maximum. The size of the page can be enlarged to a maximum of 400% and reduced to a minimum of 25%. The idle copy speed for color documents is 4ppm and B/W is 7.5ppm
123 HP Officejet 4650 printer also allows the user to scan both B/W and color documents. The resolution of the scanner provided by HP is 1200x2400dpi. The depth of scanning for B/W documents is 8 bit and depth for color documents is 24 bit.
Cloud Print Setup
123 HP Officejet 4650 printer provides cloud printing which enables printing documents from cloud. This is made possible with a printer which connects to Chrome, Linux, OS X v10.7 or later and macOS, or Windows XP or later, or Chromebook and Google Cloud account.
ePrint is another feature provided by 123.hp.com/oj4650 which enables the user to print from anywhere just by sending mail to the printer. The HP user can register a personalized email address with the Officejet 4650 printer and this email is used for ePrint.
AirPrint is a feature provided exclusively for Apple users with iOS v4.2 and above. This feature enables the user to connect to the apple devices through wireless setup connection and print it directly from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
123 HP Officejet 4650 First time Printer Setup
When a customer buys his/her new printer, the first time installation is more important as the end use completely depends on the installation and set up process. 123.hp.com/oj4650 provides complete guidance for setting up the new printer for the first time. Please follow the below instruction to setup your 123 HP Officejet 4650 printer.
- Step 1: Remove the 123 HP Officejet 4650 Printer from the box and remove all the tapes.
- Step 2: Connect the one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end to the power board.
- Step 3: Open the input tray and extend it by pulling it gently towards you. Load needed A4 paper in the tray within the width guidelines and close the tray.
- Step 4: Gently hold the handle on either side to open the cartridge access door. Remove the tape on the cartridge, insert it into the slot and close the lid to secure it into the place. Note: The color cartridge should be on the left and black cartridge on the right.
- Step 5: If the 123.hp.com/oj4650 printer prints an alignment page, continue to the next step.
- Step 6: If the printer does not print an alignment page, touch Setup on the printer control panel. Select Tools, and then touch Align Printer. After the alignment page prints, continue to the next step.
- Step 7: Align the ink cartridges for best quality printing. This can be achieved by placing the alignment page on the scanner glass along the engraved alignment guide line.
- Step 8: Once the hardware is setup, the user can install the software. The printer is ready to print.
123 HP Officejet 4650 DRIVER INSTALLATION
123.hp.com/oj4650 releases new updates for the drivers used by the printers. These drivers have to be updated and installed regularly for better performance of the printer. Our technical experts help you to do this job easy and perfect.
Driver installation for Windows
The printer drivers should be updated periodically for better performance. 123 HP has provided instructions to install drivers for your Windows PC connected to HP Officejet 4650 printer.
Go to 123.hp.com, enter your printer model, and then follow the onscreen instructions to download your driver.
If a driver or HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When prompted to choose a connection type, select USB. You do not need to complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
If the download fails or your printer is not listed on Printer List, continue with these steps to install a driver from the HP website.
- Go to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then confirm the OS version.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, click Download next to the full feature driver, and then follow the on-screen instructions to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant or select Download only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
- When prompted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, select USB to continue with and complete the setup.
- Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your 123 HP Officejet 4650 printer functionality.
Driver installation for Mac
HP also provides regular update for Mac OS. Installing the updated driver for Mac OS is the same as installing for Windows OS. Please follow the instructions below to install the drivers to your Mac computer.
Step 1: Go to 123.hp.com, enter your printer model ‘HP Officejet 4650’, and then click Begin.
- If HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When prompted to choose a connection type, select USB. You do not need to complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
- If Easy Start fails or your printer is not listed on Printer List, continue with these steps to install a driver from the HP website.
Step 3: Go to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then confirm the OS version.
Step 4: Under Driver-Product Installation Software, click Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder.
NOTE: If Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update displays instead of a download button, click Learn more to read steps to install the print driver through Apple Software Update.
Step 5: When prompted by the installer to choose a printer connection option, select USB. On the Install screen, make sure HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected.
Step 6: When prompted by the installer, click Add Printer to create a print queue on the Mac. The Add window opens.
Step 7: Click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.
NOTE: Selecting a Generic driver option from the Use menu can result in limited printer functionality.
Step 8: Return to the HP installer to complete the installation. Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.
HP Officejet 4650 INK CARTRIDGE INSTALLATION
When you try to install new cartridge to the printer, it prompts to load paper for completing cartridge alignment. Please follow the instructions below to install new cartridge to the printer.
- Step 1: Gently pull out the paper tray extender, and then lift up the paper catch. Slide the paper width guides to their outermost position.
- Step 2: Load a stack of plain, white paper into the paper tray with the short edge forward, and then push the stack into the tray until it stops. Slide in the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Step 3: Push the paper tray forward until it clicks into place.
- Step 4: Open the scanner lid and then the cartridge access door. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- Step 5: To release the cartridge, lift the lid on the cartridge slot, and then gently push the lid back until it stops.
- Step 6: Remove the new cartridge from its packaging, and then pull the pull tab to remove the plastic tape.
- Step 7: Hold the cartridge at a slight upward angle facing the rear of the printer, and then slide the cartridge into the empty slot.
- Step 8: Close the lid on the cartridge slot to secure the cartridge into place. Insert the color cartridge in the slot on the left. Insert the black cartridge in the slot on the right. Repeat the previous steps to install the other cartridge, if necessary.Close the cartridge access door and the scanner lid.
- Step 9: Follow the instructions on the control panel to start the cartridge alignment. The printer aligns the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
HP Officejet 4650 WIRELESS SETUP
HP Officejet 4650 Wireless Setup wizard
HP Officejet 4650 provides wireless printing to make it easy for the user. 123 HP Printers provides complete instruction to setup Wireless connection. Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and then turn on your router, printer, and computer.
- Step 1: On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon. The Wireless screen displays. Touch the Settings icon (wrench like icon).
- Step 2: Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and select OK. The wizard searches for and displays a list of available networks.
- Step 3: Press the down arrow to scroll to the name of your network, and then press OK. NOTE: If the list does not contain your network name, you can enter it manually.
- Step 4: Press the down arrow to scroll to Enter New Network Name, and then press OK. When you finish entering the new network name, scroll to Done and press OK.
- Step 5: The printer attempts to connect to the network. When prompted, enter the WEP or WPA key.
- Step 6: When you finish entering the WEP key or WPA key, scroll to Done and press OK to confirm. The printer attempts to connect to the network.
HP Officejet 4650 Auto wireless connect
HP also enables the feature to connect the HP Officejet 4650 printer directly to the network once detected. 123 HP Auto wireless connects is similar to connecting the printer to the Wireless network. If an Auto Wireless Connect screen displays during the installation, follow the on-screen instructions to connect and install the printer. Otherwise follow the steps in the HP Installer software to complete the connection and driver installation.
- Step 1: Go to 123.hp.com/oj4650. Enter your printer model number, and then click Begin.
- Step 2: Click Download, and then click Open, Save, or Run in any windows that display to download the driver to your computer.
- Step 3: Double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder on the computer to launch the driver installation.
- Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection setup and driver installation from 123.hp.com. Return to the page in your web browser to complete the printer registration and activation.
This installation keeps the auto connect option active and enables connecting to the saved home network
HP Officejet 4650 AIO APPLICATION SETUP
AiO is a mobile application designed by HP to provide its users a privilege to print from smart and iPhones. The basic requirement for downloading this application is Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) device or later, or an Apple iOS 9 or later iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Please follow the below instructions to download AiO app to your phone,
HP Officejet 4650 AIO Application setup and print
Step 1: On your mobile device, open 123.hp.com/oj4650. Tap Google Play or App Store, and then tap Install or Get.
NOTE: The HP AiO Printer Remote app icon displays on your mobile device as AiO Remote.
After the installation completes, open the app, and then tap Start.
If your printer is already setup and connected to a wireless network, the app automatically selects your printer. If the app does not find your printer, you can select your printer manually:
- Android devices: Tap Select a Different Printer or Select a Printer on the app home screen to view available printers. If your printer is not listed, tap My printer is not listed, and then tap Help Search for a Network Printer.
- Apple iOS devices: Tap Select a Different Printer on the app home screen, and then follow the on-screen prompts to find your printer.
If you are setting up a new printer on a network, follow the on-screen prompts to set up your 123.hp.com/oj4650 printer. If the app does not prompt you to set up your printer, add your printer manually:
- Android devices: Tap Select a Different HP Printer or Select a Printer on the app home screen to view available printers. Tap My printer is not listed, and then tap Help Set Up a New Printer.
- Apple iOS devices: Tap Add a New Printer on the app home screen.
Print documents or photos saved on your mobile device or from your cloud or social media accounts. Scan documents or photos from your printer or use your mobile device camera to scan items.